Friday, September 19, 2008

New Recipe


Ok, so today I subbed for a first grade class. Too fun! Anyway, last night I told my friend and neighbor that I would put on a pot of beans this morning for our dinner tonight. To make a long story short, I somehow forgot to cook the beans in the morning chaos. Go figure! Anyway, as I was feeling bad and carrying a bag of rolls I had managed to make the day before to her house next door, I explained that I had managed to forget the beans. Sorry Sunny! Anyway, she said, "I have a great recipe for us to try tonight." She pulled out a box of frozen rolled taquitos and defrosted them in the mic. She layed them in a casserole dish, chopped some onion and sprinkled them on top, opened a can or two of enchilada sauce and poured it over the taquitos and then grated cheese for the top. It went into the oven for 30 minutes and came out hot and bubbling. I couldn't believe how easy and delicious it was. Seriously, it was easy and my kids loved it! Thanks Sunny!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Mom told me about those I haven't tried them yet were they good?

faith celeste said...

So good! Almost reminded me of the Enchirito at Taco Bell. Personally, I love those, well the way they were when we were kids, remember? We use Macayo's enchi. sauce.